What to Bring to Residential Treatment
Items to Bring:
If you are considering residential treatment, you might be wondering what to bring with you. These items are not required, but they are helpful to have with you during your stay.
- 5-7 days’ worth of clothing (Please note: tank tops only allowed during recreational and beach outings).
- Hygiene products, such as shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, razor, etc., that do not contain alcohol.
- Cigarettes if you are a smoker.
- Laundry basket or bag
- Pens and/or pencils (no sharpies allowed)
- Tennis shoes and other foot wear
- A light jacket (depending on the time of year) and light rain gear.
- Clients will be provided linens when they enter treatment. However, if a client would like to bring their own linens, (pillows, towels, etc.) that will be allowed.
Also, please note that certain items are NOT allowed on our residential treatment campus.
Items Not Allowed:
- Short shorts (no clothing that shows too much skin)
- Two-piece bikini (must be a one piece)
- Ripped jeans
- Spaghetti strap shirt
- Open back shirt
- Vape products or vape devices
- Torch lighters
- Mini shirts
- Gang related clothing
- Clothes showing alcohol or drugs
- Excessive jewelry
- Smart watches
- Cut T-shirts
- Bandannas or gaiters
- Radios or other battery operated devices (alarm clocks, MP3 devices, CD players, DVD players)
Food Items Not Allowed:
- Protein shakes
- Baking Soda
- Green Tea
- Energy Drinks
- Dietary Supplements
- Mountain Dew Soda
- Sleepytime Tea
If any of these items are found with a client, they will be collected by staff and put in the client’s box to be returned to client once treatment is completed.
For more information, contact an intake specialist at 808-579-8414 x8615