Transitional Family Home Foster Care
Maui Youth & Family Services provides comprehensive support services for youth in need of shelter. In the Transitional Family Home Foster Care program, staff and foster parents provide much more than just a home; they also offer positive behavioral support aimed at improving young people’s ability to cope with daily stressors, and strengthen family relationships.
You Can Make a Difference
Many teens need help navigating life’s challenges, and this is especially true for those in foster care.
The Transitional Family Home Foster Care program provides a family home atmosphere for youth ages 10-17 with mental health needs and/or who are experiencing difficulties socially, behaviorally and/or academically. The program helps youth who are not able to receive care in their own home but can achieve stability and growth in a caring atmosphere where they can receive parental supervision, guidance and support.
Transitional Family Home Foster Care parents are specially trained to provide positive behavioral support aimed at improving young people’s ability to cope with daily stressors, manage emotions and strengthen family relationships. Active participation and input of parents, guardians and clients in the treatment process is essential to program success.
MYFS is a licensed Child Placing Organization that recruits and licenses foster parents with approval from the Hawaii Department of Human Services.
Your commitment to youth is supported by our commitment to you.
Foster parents received the following support:
- Foster parent training and follow up support.
- A daily monetary stipend is provided when youth are placed in a home.
- Access to our 24-hour MYFS support line.
Considerations for a Foster Parent
- You can be single or married
- You must be at least 25 years old
- You may rent or own your home
- You do not need to have children of your own
- You must pass a criminal background check
It’s easy to get started.
- Complete the application process
- Participate in a home evaluation
- Attend a free foster care training